Country: Spain Region: Rioja
Vintage: 2011 Colour:Red Style:Dry
Producer: Bodegas Valdemar
91 Parker Points - Subtle aromas of sweet cherry fruits and a touch of vanilla on the nose. This is a delicious wine with layers and layers of luscious ripe mellow fruits, hints of cedar and chocolate and a long lingering finish..
- Berliner Wein Trophy 2016 (february), gold medal.
- Mundus Vini 2016, gold medal.
- 91 points Wine Spectator (February 2017).
- 91 points, Tim Atkin Rioja 2015 Special Report.
- Guía Peñín 2017, 90 points.
- Vinalies Internationales 2016, silver medal.
- International Wine & Spirits Competition 2016, silver medal.
- Perswijn Magazine (Holland), 15.5 points (November 2016).
- Decanter Awards 2016, bronze medal.
- International Wine Challenge 2016, bronze medal.
Acknowledged as one of the wineries in La Rioja with most tradition and history of producing Gran Reserva wines, true oenological treasures that are proof of the greatness and know-how of a winery.
Conde De Valdemar was chosen as one of the best 5 wineries in La Rioja in the last 25 years by Wine & Spirits magazine, and is acknowledged as synonymous with quality and continuity the world over.
Every bottle that comes from the estate is bottled there, and comes from their own vineyards, making sure that consistency and quality always prevail. There is a 3.5 million bottle cellar at the winery where
all of their wines age and it’s open to the public if you ever find yourself close to them!
Listed in the December issue of 'Decanter' as the 'best old world red' this Rioja Reserva shows immense character and style. It has lovely aromatic vanilla and red fruit aromas following through on the palate. The tannins are soft and the palate soft and silky with a good length. Rioja Gran Reserve at it best.
Food Matches: Duck / Lamb / Casseroles / Turkey