Country: Spain Region: Rioja
Varietal: 95% Tempranillo / 5% Mazuelo Blend
Vintage: 2015 Colour: Red Style: Dry
Producer: Bodegas Navajas
VITICULTURE: From our oldest vineyards, based on our long experience and remaining faithful to our philosophy that "Great wines are born in the vineyard", in 2015 with a view to our centenary in 2018, we set off to create this It came so "special" for us. It is probably our best wine or, at least, the one that has been made with the most affection.
Looking to achieve and combine the best characteristics of our red varieties, we select the starting grape to obtain this wine with which we want to honor our friends and closest people. A wine that was capable of maintaining its character, complexity, elegance and its own identity over time.
- PREPARATION: Traditional process with destemmed grapes. The fermentation was natural with controlled temperature, cold maceration and with two daily pump-overs.
AGING: The wine entered the barrels after a short period of natural rest after malolactic fermentation. For the first time in our history we have used mixed barrels, made with American and French oak, in this way we have achieved that the contributions of both woods are reflected in the wine. On the one hand we have the French oak with its characteristic spicy, balsamic aromas and the vanilla, coconut, tobacco from the American oak. In these new barrels it has remained 24 months under suitable conditions of humidity and temperature.
After this aging process, the wine was bottled and left to rest in our bottle rack for 12 months, where it finished being rounded, softened, to show its fullness and longevity.
- TASTING NOTES: It presents a ruby red with a medium-high layer. Intense, fragrant, complex aroma, ripe red fruits, balsamic, vanilla, toasted. In the mouth it is vigorous, fresh, silky, with ripe tannins, with a great balance and complexity of flavors. The red fruits are very well integrated with the balsamic, coffee, oak and roasted touches provided by the wood. It has a long, mineral aftertaste with reminiscences of ripe fruit.
- PAIRING: What are we going to tell you about this wine, which pairs perfectly with any type of food. But we highly recommend enjoying it with your loved ones.
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 16-18 º C.
- ALCOHOLIC GRADUATION: 14.5% Vol.
- ALLERGENS : Contains sulfites.