Country: New Zealand Region: Wairarapa Martinborough
Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc
Vintage: 2018 Colour: White Style: Dry
Producer: Craggy Range
Terry Peabody, his family and Steve Smith MW, set out to create new benchmarks with wines now globally recognised as New World classics. Wines that would be listed in the world’s finest restaurants and fine wine merchants. From the outset, Terry and Steve followed the single vineyard philosphy: to select and source the best land and vineyards inthe region and plant vines most suited ot that terroir. Rich red varieties in the warmer Gimblett Gravels and Pino Noir and Sauvignon Blanc in the the cooler Martinborough area. Craggy Range were the first in the Southern Hemisphere to adopt this practice.
Pale straw colour with green hues. Fresh aromatics of white flowers, jasmine, nectarine and lime. Rich, wonderfully complex palate with an array of tropical fruits, refreshing acidity and a long chalky finish.
- ‘A superlative producer; truly unique, complex wine.’ Lisa Perotti-Brown MW – Wine Advocate
- 89 Points – Wine Spectator 2012
- 89 Points – Robert Parker 2012
- ‘Te Muna Road Sauvignon Blanc has a very well defined, very pure nose with just a touch of chalkiness coming through. This Sauvignon
- is more about poise and freshness with subtle notes of green apple, lime and orange-blossom towards the finish. Excellent.’ – Neal Martin, Robert Parker’s The Wine Advocate
- Craggy Range named as ‘New World Winery of the Year 2014‘ Wine Enthusiast, November 2014.
- 2013 Vintage awarded 91 pts Decanter – Must-try White, April 2015. ‘ The grapes for this superior Kiwi Sauvignon are grown on limestone soil and fermented in stainless steel and French barriques. It’s fresh and herbal, with a pretty, green pea pod facet and punchy citrus fruit that gets the mouth watering.’
- 2013 Vintage 92 pts Tomás Clancy, Sunday Business Post, 20 Dec 2015
Food Matches: Seafood / Chicken / Mediterranean / Oriental