Country: Argentina Region: Mendoza
Vintage: 2016 Colour: White Style: Dry
Located in Mendoza (Argentina's most important and prestigious growing area), Trapiche is simultaneously a historic and thoroughly modern winery. The hand-harvested grapes for the Chardonnay are sourced from the best parcels in Trapiche's high-altitude Finca 1883 and Finca Las Palmas vineyards.
Vineyards located between the 950 and 1200 m.a.s.l. Mainly vertical training system with some overhead training in the oldest vineyards.
Clay, sandy soils settled on boulders.
- Hand harvesting
- Bunch selection.
- Cooling of the must to 10ºC.
- Pneumatic pressing.
- Cold settling and racking.
- Controlled alcoholic fermentation at 15ºC.
- Fifty percent of the wine was aged in French and
- American oak barrels of second and third use, the
- other fifty percent went to stainless steel tanks.
- Malolactic fermentation of fifty percent of the wine.
Ageing Potential: 6 Years
Yellow color with green hues. Toasted bread and apple pie aromas, typical fragrances of the variety combined with the elegance of the oak. Round wine with good acidity.
Food Matches: Ideal to serve with fish, pasta with white sauce, asparagus or fresh cheese and fruit.