Country: France Region: Cotes Du Rhone
Blend: Grenache (80%), Carignan (12%), Syrah, Bourboulenc, Clairette (8%)
Vintage: 2018 Colour: Red Style: Dry
Producer: Les Deux Cols
Age of the vines: Ranging from 36 years on average for the Grenache to 70+ years for the Carignan.
Vinification: Using stainless steel tanks, 85 % of the grapes are de-stemmed and lightly crushed whilst the remaining 15% are added whole bunch. Alcoholic fermentation is carried out at low temperatures in order to retain fresh fruit aromas and extraction is achieved by daily, gentle pumpovers. Malolactic fermentation and further ageing on fine lees during 6 months is done in 228 litre barrels.
Tasting note: Light cherry red in colour. Fine aromas of red fruits, pepper and some Provençal herbs. On the palate it is medium bodied with fine tannins and a core of acidity that helps prolong the flavours and give the wine a sense of freshness.
Temperature serving recommendation: 16°C/61°F.
Ageing potential: 8-10 years.