***Voyager Estate is a 5* Halliday Winery, one of 10 wineries in Margaret River with the distinction***
Country: Australia Region: Margaret River
Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc Semillon & Shiraz
Vintage: 2006 White / 2005 Red Colour: White & Red Style: Dry
Producer: Voyager Estate, Margaret River, WA
Wine Searcher independent review site says of the Shiraz:
- A number of critics have rated this Margaret River wine extremely highly: the 2005 vintage was given a score of 90 by Wine Spectator.
- Ranked in the top 10 for number of awards won among wines from this region: the Sydney International Wine Competition awarded the 2009 Blue-Gold and the San Francisco International Wine Competition awarded the 2009 vintage Gold.
- Among the higher priced wines from Margaret River.
Wine Searcher independent review site says of the Sauvignon Blanc Semillon:
- This Margaret River wine has received good scores from various critics: the 2013 vintage was given a score of 92 by James Halliday.
- This wine has won many prizes: the 2005 vintage was awarded Blue-Gold from the Sydney International Wine Competition, and the 2012 vintage was awarded Bronze from the International Wine Challenge.
- This wine represents great value for money at €27(as measured by our Quality Price Ratio).
At a tasting at WineOnline.ie HQ in March 2016, both the 2005 and 2006 Voyager Estate wines were tasted and rated at 9.8/10. The fruit is dominant particularly still in the red, while the semillon in the white keeps the wine drinking well, enjoying its 10 years bottle ageing. Both wines are in Stelvin closure which ensures freshness.
Voyager Estate Accolades:
- Finalist 2013 WA Tourism Award; Category 17 Tourism Wineries, Distilleries and Breweries
- APC Audit Report Assessment Highest Score in Category: Small-medium beverage company - 2013
- Best Wine Tourism Experience in Australia - Australian Gourmet Traveller Tourism Awards - 2010
- Langton’s Classification of Australian Wine V (Voyager Estate Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot)
- EntWine Australia accreditation - Winemakers’ Federation of Australia - 2010
- Wine Industry Initiative Award - Cape to Cape Catchments Group, Catchment Care Award - 2008
- Viticultural Excellence Award - Margaret River Wine Industry Association - 2007
- Tourism and Travel Awards - Best Winery Restaurant in Western Australia - The Australian newspaper (2007 and 2008)
- Premier’s Award for Best Restaurant in Western Australia - Catering Institute of Western Australia
- Prix D’Honneur (Hall of Fame) awards for Best Restaurant in a Winery and Best Tourism Restaurant Country - Catering Institute of Western Australia
- Best Restaurant and Best Restaurant within a Winery Regional Awards for Excellence, Restaurant and Catering Institute WA
Food Matches:Turkey / Foie Gras / Fish