Country: Italy Region: Piemonte
Varietal: 100% Nebbiolo
Vintage: 2012 Colour: Red Style: Dry
Producer: Pio Cesare
The Pio Cesare winery was founded in 1881 by our great-grandfather Cesare Pio. He was one of the very first wine producers to believe in the great potential and quality of Barolo, Barbaresco, Barbera and in the other great wines of Piemonte. Cesare Pio in the second portion of 1800s, was among the very first winemakers to produce these wines with a philosophy that was dedicated to the terroir and the strictest quality of the wine.
For five generations, the Pio Cesare family has been producing traditional Piemontese wines in its ancient cellars, located in the centre of the town of Alba.
Vineyards:Sourced exclusively from Pio Cesare Family owned vineyards: the famous "Il Bricco" Estate and the great hill of San Stefanetto, both located in the village of Treiso.
Vinification: Fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks. Skin contact for 20 days.
Ageing: 35% of the wine is aged in French oak barriques (one third new) for 30 months. The remaining 65% spends 3 years in French oak casks, 20 to 50 hectoliters each.
Food Matches: Risottos / Pasta / Goat Cheese / Beef