Country: Spain Region: Rioja
Vintage: 2016 Colour: Red Style: Dry
De Alto Amo Rioja fuses the traditions and knowledge of a proud region with cutting edge winemaking practices to create a modern interpretation of Rioja. Beautifully balanced with succulent red berry fruit laced with vanilla, cassis, cherry, plum, raspberry and hints of mocha and liquorice.
The De Alto Rioja is a deep ruby red colour with hints of black.
The acidity is nicely pronounced, mixing nicely with the sweet fruits. A well balanced and rounded wine.
Grape Blend: Tempranillo 70%, Garnacha 30%. 30% of the wine spent 6 months in French and American oak - the other 70% has no oak aging.
Food Matches: Steak, meaty pasta’s, BBQ’s, and Spice.